Monday, September 7, 2009

Upcoming at the "LBTT" (Light Before the Tunnel)

It's been a crazy couple of weeks at work and I miss getting on here daily to both personally learn from the Scripture that's being shared and write about what God is speaking to me through it. If you have been following along with Psalm 37 you will recognize that we are only 11 posts away from finishing it up. Just to make it clear, that will not be an end of this blog and I'm excited about what God is going to do with it. Once this is done, the content (not the site) will get a slight face lift as I will aim to bring you more truth this side of Heaven. I will be posting links to the things I read, reviews and/or thoughts on the books I'm going through and Lord willing more written content that will inspire the integrity of a life lived in Christ.

As I've reached out a few times before I've asked you all what is going on in your life and I've had the blessing of answering quite a few of you through email. I want to put it out there again that if there are questions you have as you struggle in your faith (like I do at times), topics you want to read more about, suggestions on books to read, or anything else that is moving you to talk to me please don't hesitate to shoot me an email (it's on my profile page).

In the meantime I am praying about what God would desire to say through me. As you have noticed I have not posted since the 2nd of September and besides being busy, the main reason is that I wasn't inspired to do so. I aim to keep this site pure in that I desire to "discern truth", "abandon self", and "trust Him" all in the power of the Holy Spirit. I want to make it clear that at no time do I want to write something just because it's "been a couple of days". If God has something for me to say, He will give me the time and inspiration to do so.

Today, as you prepare yourself for going back to work or school tomorrow I want to leave you with a quote that should enhance the preparation. It's from Florence Nightengale and it reads,

"Life is a hard fight, a struggle, a wrestling with the principle of evil, hand to hand, foot to foot. Every inch of the way is disputed. The night is given us to take breath, to pray, to drink deep at the fountain of power. The day, to use the strength which has been given us, to go forth to work with it till the evening".

As you enjoy the rest of your day, pray that God would fill you this work week with His peace and unfailing love. My hope is that none of us would aim to be God's trophy in our own power and ability but instead to increase in our fellowship and relationship with Jesus Christ that God may be glorified due to our proximity to Him. It's in our proximity to Christ that the abundance of life in John 10, John 14 and John 15 may be lived out.

No comments:

Post a Comment