Friday, August 28, 2009

For the Weekend...

No Psalm 37 today because I'm taking off early to visit with family that is in town from Northern California. I'm pretty sure they don't want to see me which is why I'm taking Lily and Kelsey to satisfy their "beauty" sightings that are expected in Southern California. Because I'm not posting today I will have a new Psalm 37 post on Saturday or Sunday (and possibly both). I want to say thank you to all of you have been emailing me recently about what God is doing (or what He seems to not be doing) in your life. If you get some time please shoot me an email (private) about what is going on with you in your quest for truth. I'd love to pray for/with you, discuss life with you and answer any questions you may have. I love reading about your stories as they always invoke emotions in me that keep me from becoming apathetic in a World that I feel so irrelevant at times. I'd also love to hear what you all want to read more about. What blesses you? Confuses you? If you are keeping up with Psalm 37 you are probably aware that we only have 14 posts left before we're on to something new.

Couple other things:

I've been meaning to say that if I don't know you personally, I'd really love the chance to meet you via email and have you let me know how you came across the blog.

I've also had a lot of people ask if I mind if they send this to family, friends, post on Facebook, Twitter, etc...The answer is always yes, but keep the following in mind. I don't do this for me but to glorify our Father in Heaven. If you believe He would be blessed, then please send it out! If you believe it would glorify me at the expense of using God's name then I urge against you sending this out. Hope this makes sense. I'm not looking for fame, only hoping to spread the truth and love of our Lord Jesus. I trust that He'll use this the way He wants to (He already is proving that).

Just so you all know, I initially was writing this for close friends and family (I have a healthy fear that I'm an awful writer) so that they may see the truth of God in His word. For whatever reason God has used it to bless my family, friends, myself and those I don't know beyond my imagination. Thanks again for all the notes you send and thank God for being such a loving Father!

I'll leave you today with a quotation from Henry Wadsworth Longfellow that should have you skipping into the weekend:

"Into all our lives, in many simple, familiar ways, God infuses an element of joy from the surprises of life, which unexpectedly brighten our days and fill our lives with light."

Live in the light today and focus on all the positive things going on in your life, God lives in the ordinary and specializes in making it into the extraordinary. Take note of your blessings and live with a grateful heart this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment